The former home of George Passage is located at 112 Main St. in Delavan. In “Delavan's Historic Residential Architecture,” author Frank Landi describes the house as being in the Italianate style. It was one of the first brick houses built...
Delavan's United Church of Christ, located at 123 E. Washington St. on the north side of Phoenix Park, celebrated its 175th anniversary July 31.
The current Gifford Farm, at 1075 County Highway H at the south end of Pell Lake, is located in sections 21 and 22 in the town of Bloomfield.
The Gosso name is well known in the Darien area. Ralph was the owner of a grocery store in Darien and at one time had the Tallyho tavern at highways 14, 11 and 89. In fact, some people called that intersection Tallyho Corners.
The Steve Snudden farm, which is located in Sections 21, 22, 27 and 28 in the town of Linn, was the site of this year's Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, which ran from July 19 through July 21. FTD is an event for farm and city people to learn more...
The boyhood home of prolific author Stephen Ambrose is at 724 Center St. in Whitewater. The son of Dr. Stephen Hedges Ambrose and Rosepha Trippe Ambrose was born in Lovington, Illinois, but was raised in Whitewater.
The history of the Mel and Gail Cody farm began in 1841 when the patent for the land in Section 19 and 30 in the town of Spring Prairie was granted to Israel Williams by President W.H. Harrison on March 25. The farm was 157 acres.
The Valley of the Kings Sanctuary is pretty well hidden from view, located on the east end of Town Hall Road in the town of Sharon.
Duck Lake was the early name for Lake Como, which lies north of Wisconsin Highway 50 west of Lake Geneva. It is smaller and shallower than Geneva Lake.
The Roman and Carol Henningfeld home is located at N8175 Bell School Road in Section 24 of the town of East Troy. You can see their barn quilt on a garage; it is called Blazing Star.