Janesville63°

Child playing with matches considered cause of Beloit fire

Print Print
Stan Stricker
December 8, 2010

A Beloit woman can thank a smoke detector for preventing even more damage during a fire Wednesday morning in a rental unit on Beloit's west side.


Fire Inspector Keith Lynn says the woman and four-year-old escaped the blaze in the 1200 block of Cleveland Street shortly after 9:00 a.m. Firefighters arrived to smoke, and found the blaze originated from a bed in the basement.


Lynn says the cause is likely a child playing with matches.



Print Print