Beloit fire causes estimated $110,000 in damages
BELOIT—No one was injured in a Tuesday night fire that destroyed a Beloit house.
The Beloit Fire Department was dispatched to a house at 2169 Staborn Drive, at about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday where "heavy fire and smoke (were) showing," according to the fire department's news release.
The occupants of the home exited the home prior to the fire department's arrival. All occupants were uninjured, according to the release.
A fireplace in a room at the back of the house is believed to be where the fire started.
Damage to the home and its contents is estimated at $110,000, according to the release.
Area fire departments were called to assist the fire department because of the intensity of the fire. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.