Learn more about the Affordable Care Act
ELKHORN — The Walworth County Affordable Care Act Awareness Steering Committee is hosting an informational session about the Affordable Care Act and the Health Insurance Marketplace.
The session is set for 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 20, in Room 220 of the Walworth County Government Center, 100 W. Walworth St., Elkhorn. The purpose of the session is not to debate the Affordable Care Act; it is an informational session only.
People who live or work in Walworth County, people who are uninsured or underinsured and people with insurance that seems unaffordable are all invited to attend.
The session will include information about changes to BadgerCare eligibility starting Jan. 1, what the Health Insurance Marketplace is and how to apply for the marketplace. Dr. Katherine Gaulke, community advocate, will lead the session.
If you have questions regarding the Affordable Care Act or the Health Insurance Marketplace, email email@example.com.
A host of other ACA sessions are scheduled for January:
• 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6, East Troy Public Library, 3094 Graydon Ave., East Troy. Call (262) 642-6262.
• 9 a.m. Monday, Jan. 13, Walworth County Government Center, Room 220, 100 W. Walworth, Elkhorn. Call (262) 741-4951 for an interpreter.
• 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13, Irvin L. Young Memorial Library, 431 W. Center St., Whitewater. Call (262) 473-0530
• 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, Burlington Public Library, 166 E. Jefferson St., Burlington. Call (262) 763-7623
• 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, Fontana Public Library, 166 Second Ave., Fontana. Call (262) 275-5107.
6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, Matheson Memorial Library, 101 N. Wisconsin St., Elkhorn. (262) 723-2678