Making spirits bright this weekend
If you need a little Christmas right this very weekend, view a living Nativity in Lake Geneva, visit Santa in Burlington and Elkhorn, take a Christmas cookie walk in Delavan and Darien, or get in the spirit of Christmas past in Eagle. Don't forget to give a little, too--see our holiday giving calendar.
Family Movie Night, Dec. 12, showing “Arthur Christmas,” from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Lake Geneva Public Library, 918 W. Main St. Lake Geneva. (262) 249-5299
Toys for Tots Christmas Open House, Dec. 13, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Adecco, 1421 Racine St., Delavan. Donate your new, unwrapped toys, which will go to children in Walworth County.
Holiday Dinner Theater: “Little Women,” Dec. 13-15 with seatings at 7 p.m. Friday; 1 p.m. Saturday; and 2 p.m. Sunday. Performance features this Christmas drama in the 150-year-old Caldwell Farmers' Club Hall, Old World Wisconsin, W372 S9727 Wisconsin Highway 67, Eagle. (262) 594-6301, www.oldworldwisconsin.org
Living Nativity, Dec. 13-15, presented by Christian Arts Ministry, at Chapel on the Hill, Highway 50 west and Cisco Road, Lakae Geneva. Free admision to these performances: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
Visit with Santa at his chalet, Dec. 13-15, in Wehmhoff Park, 166 E. Jefferson St., Burlington. (262) 763-3631, www.burlingtonchamber.org
Cookie Walk, Dec. 14, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. or until sold out, Our Redeemer Lutheran Church 416 W. Geneva St., Delavan. (262) 728-6589
Cookie Walk, Dec. 14, from 9 a.m. to noon, sponsored by the Darien Women's Club, at the Darien Library, 47 Park St., Darien. Santa will be there to visit with children.
Santa visits the Delavan library, Dec. 14, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Stop in with your children for photos, cookies, Aram Public Library, 404 E. Walworth Ave., Delavan. or call (262) 728-3111, ext. 117.
Waffles with Santa, Dec. 14, presented by Friends of Lakeland Schoool, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., at the school, W3905 County Highway NN, Elkhorn. Photos with Santa between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., Vendors, and a raffle of gift baskets. Tickets at the door or for more information call Julie Forseth, (262) 741-4118 or Yasmin Thaha (262) 723-3983.
Book signing, Dec. 14, from noon to 4 p.m. with Susan Apps-Bodilly, author of “One Room Schools: Stories from the Days of 1 Room, 1 Teacher, 8 Grades” at Old World Wisconsin, W372 S9727 Wisconsin Highway 67, Eagle. (262) 594-6301, www.oldworldwisconsin.org
Christmas Lake Geneva Style, Dec. 14, with Santa and his reindeer available for pictures from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., in front of Starbucks, at the corner of Center and Main Street in Lake Geneva.
Wine tasting, Dec. 14, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., AeppelTreow Winery, 1072 288th Ave., Burlington. (262) 496-7508, www.burlingtonchamber.org
Visit with Santa, Dec. 14, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Bradley's Department Store, 222 E. Walworth Ave., Delavan. Sponsored by the Delavan-Delavan Lake Area Chamber of Commerce. (262) 728-3405, www.delavanwi.org
“A Child's Nutcracker,” performed by Toe to Toe Ballet School, Dec. 14-15, at the Delavan Darien High School Theatrem 150 Cummings St. Delavan. Performances at 5 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: (262) 723-1700, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Spirit of Christmas Past, Dec. 14-15, from noon to 4 p.m., from noon to 4 p.m. Warm up by crackling wood-fired stoves ands stroll through 19th-century village, at Old World Wisconsin, W372 S9727 Wisconsin Highway 67, Eagle. (262) 594-6301, www.oldworldwisconsin.org
Christmas Lake Geneva Style, Dec. 14-15, with Santa, elves and reindeer available for pictures at Starbucks from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the corner of Center and Main streets in downtown Lake Geneva. (262)) 248-4416, www.lakegenevawi.com
Christmas Express Santa Train, Dec. 14-15, ride the rails with Santa Claus and enjoy Christmas stories along the way. Tickets at (262) 642-3263, www.easttroyrr.org. For more information, Elegant Farmer, 1545 Main St., Mukwonago. (262) 363-6770, www.elegantfarmer.com
Pets and Kids visit with Santa, Dec. 15, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Walworth County Visitors Center, 2375 E. Geneva St. (at the Lake Lawn airport) in Delavan. Bring your new or gently used winter clothing to donate to The Big Bundle Up clothing drive for those in need. (262) 728-6000
Wine tasting, Dec. 15, from noon to 4 p.m., AeppelTreow Winery, 1072 288th Ave., Burlington. (262) 496-7508, www.burlingtonchamber.org
Christmas at Northwind Perennial Farm, Dec. 13-15,from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., 7047 Hospital Road, Burlington. (262) 248-8229, www.northwindperennialfarm.com
Caroling by Badger High School Choir, Dec. 15, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Cornerstone Shop & Gallery, 214 Broad St, Lake Geneva. (262) 248-6988, www.cornerstoneshoppe.com
• Through Dec. 13: The CSI Walworth County Sunday food and toy drive now is collecting donations of unwrapped toys and nonperishable food items. Donations will be accepted through Dec. 13. In past years, donations have gone to local groups such as Twin Oaks Homeless Shelter. Donations can be dropped off weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the CSI Media office is located at 120 S. Wright St., Delavan. For more information, call (262) 728-3424.
• Through Dec. 14: Matheson Memorial Library is sponsoring a collection of hats, scarves and mittens for those in need in the Elkhorn area. Items can be handmade or purchased and all sizes, baby through adult, are needed. Take donations to the library, 101 N. Wisconsin St., Elkhorn, by Dec. 14. Items will be distributed through several local organizations.
• Through Dec. 30: Help the homeless animals at Lakeland Animal Shelter and, at the same time, reduce your overdue library fines at the
Aram Public Library in Delavan. Bring in pet food (both canned and dry) and clay cat litter for the animal shelter. In exchange for your donation, we'll reduce your overdue fines. This program does not apply to fees for lost or damaged items. Donations accepted even if you do not have overdue materials.
• Through Jan. 4: The Geneva Lake West Chamber of Commerce is collecting new or gently used coats, sweaters, hats, mittens and other warm clothing items as part of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism's “The Big Bundle Up” campaign. This statewide collection program runs through Jan. 4. A box will be located in 175 Valley View Drive, Fontana (inside the Fontana Village Hall) for donors to drop off warm clothing items. All items donated at this location will be given to Twin Oaks Homeless Shelter and local area churches.
• The Walworth County Visitors Bureau also is inviting residents to drop off new or gently used coats, sweaters, hats, mittens and other warm clothing items at a colllection box in the Visitors Center, 2375 E. Geneva St. (at Lake Lawn airport) in Delavan. All items donated at this location will be given to the Walworth County Homeless Shelter and Twin Oaks.
• Old World Wisconsin is participating in The Big Bundle Up for the third time. Last year's program collected more than 17,000 items. A donation box is located inside the museum during holiday events, at W372 S9727 Wisconsin Highway 67 in Eagle. (262) 594-6300.