Janesville66.6°

Fire damages Lake Geneva Laundromat

Comments Comments Print Print
November 5, 2013

LAKE GENEVA -- A furnace on the roof of the Clothesline Laundromat, 898 S. Wells St., caused a Monday-morning fire in Lake Geneva.

The Lake Geneva Fire Department responded to a call shortly before 9 a.m. and contained the fire to the furnace, Patrick Heindl, assistant fire chief said.

The furnace's motor stopped working and the belt started on fire, Heindl said.

The laundromat is open, but does not have heat, he said.



Comments Comments Print Print