School supplies drive for needy families set
ELKHORN--The Walworth County Volunteer Services office, Peoples Bank, St. John in the Wilderness Church and Southern Lakes Evangelical Free Church in Elkhorn, are sponsoring a school supply and backpack drive for families in need.
Last year, 230 students were served and this year the number of families who can't afford school supplies for their children is expected to be even greater.
Most needed items are backpacks, spiral notebooks, lined paper, pencil, pens, washable marker, colored pencils, folders and index cards.
Donations will be collected until August 22th at the following locations in Elkhorn:
• Southern Lakes Evangelical Free Church, N6686 U.S Highway 12
• St John in the Wilderness Episcopal Church, 12. S. Church St.
• Peoples Bank, 837 N. Wisconsin St.
• Matheson Memorial Library, 101 N. Wisconsin St.
• Walworth County Public Works Department, W4097 County Highway NN
• Lakeland Health Care Center, 1922 County Highway NN
• Walworth County District Attorney's office, Room 2010, Judicial Center, 1800 County Highway NN
• Walworth County Volunteer Services office, Room 111, Government Center, 100 W. Walworth St.
For more information, contact Colleen Lesniak at (262) 741-4223.