Whitewater holds 'Night Out' event
Learn more about crime prevention, local police community programs and more through National Night Out on Tuesday Aug. 6, in participating communities. National Night Out is a nationwide event created by the non-profit National Association of Town Watch.
The Whitewater Police Department will be participating in the event Tuesday between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. at the Cravath Lakefront Park, 341 S. Fremont St, Whitewater.
• Police, Fire, and Rescue vehicle displays
• Bounce House
• Puppy petting with Lakeland Animal Shelter and WAMSTAR search/rescue horses
• Operation Click impaired driving simulator
• Whitewater Fire Department water wall
• CSI Experience trailer
• Crime prevention and drug awareness education
• Bicycle safety, registration, and fitting
• Giveaways and prizes
The National Association of Town Watch (NATW) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the development and promotion of various crime prevention programs including neighborhood watch groups, law enforcement agencies, state and regional crime prevention associations, businesses, civic groups, and individuals, devoted to safer communities.